Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change my Firewall settings so I can get Yahoo Messenger 9?

My firewall settings will not let me download Yahoo Messenger... so I turned the Firewall off, but each time i try to install it, it says I should change my Firewall settings. I already turned the settings off but it still wouldn't let me. So what do i do?How do I change my Firewall settings so I can get Yahoo Messenger 9?
On tools internet options,security tab set slider to medium ,might help.

Please Read all as last part is important.



Use info below to delete present version completely then if you want to try 9 again and are using Vista go here for help.

http://www.ymessengerblog.com/blog/2008/鈥?/a> If it's still there,



Messenger 9 for Vista users and XP users with 9, Mess 9 has many unsolved problems and missing features that messenger 8.1 or 8.0 has. Plus now the updated Windows Firewall will not let Messenger download correctly.And is causing 9 users to have problems now.. The only option that might help is going to the control panel and turning off the firewall to download and install then turning it back on.Then click on windows fire wall, Exceptions tab. make sure messenger is checked,if not listed then add it to the list.then click save.

.If the fire wall still causes problems,then revert back to 8.1 or 8.0 these and all versions of messenger can be found here; http://www.freecreed.com/ymsgr-archive.h鈥?/a>

You need to remove version 9,or present version, 1st to get another version to work. To remove Messenger version Use Unwise located middle of page of Messenger Folder.Make sure Automatic is checked! then continue to uninstall..Or use control panel ,Vista-program features or XP-add/remove this is the 2nd best way. Your contacts are stored online

Start%26gt;my computer%26gt;c:drive%26gt;program files%26gt;yahoo%26gt;messenger



When you are working on your computer and installing a new program, the installation suddenly fails. Now you are left with a partly installed program. You try to install the program again, but you are unsuccessful. Or, maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.

You may need to use the Windows installer cleanup utility to do it completely if it has already been uninstalled.



http://support.microsoft.com/default...b鈥?/a>



There are more recent versions of the Windows Installer -- I would also upgrade that. #1 problem went error reads ';wrong line parameter';



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d鈥?/a>

If you still use SP1 or SP2,Consider upgrading to SP3 which will include a lot of other updates which you may need.



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d鈥?/a>



source Tech support guyHow do I change my Firewall settings so I can get Yahoo Messenger 9?
im not sure but i think you go on tools on internet exsployer at least i do on mine click disable firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment