Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gears of war 2 live connection, how do i change my ';strict firewall settings';?

This is the message i get when i go onto gow2 live:

Strict Firewall

You may have a poor network connection experience because of your firewall settings. Verify your firewall's security settings.



What do i have to do with my internets firewall settings to make my connection better? Because this message isnt very specific on what part of the freakin Firewall crap i have to change. Does anybody know exactly what i have to change?Gears of war 2 live connection, how do i change my ';strict firewall settings';?
NAT or your routers firewall and also it may be ports, if you dont have the ports open then that could be the problem aswell. To get the ports call 1-800-4my-xbox ask them for the ports or call your router company they may know what ports you need. Then ask them how to open them.Gears of war 2 live connection, how do i change my ';strict firewall settings';?
I would look into port forwarding, it gives you permissions to access these ports without restrictions, therefore their is no strict settings their is absolute settings..

this helped me with getting rid of that damn message
i had that. just press the middle button and go to the right and look for connection settings or something like that. then look for an option that says ';reset defaults'; or something like that. it will automatically make ur xbox compatible to get on live.

at first i thought that reseting defaults would delete all my info, but it didnt so you're good
that same thing happened to me, my problem turned out to be the router I was using so I just connected my ethernet cord straight into my modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment