Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I change the settings on my Norton Antivirus 2008 firewall to allow Limewire?

I need to change the settings on my Norton Antivirus 2008 to stop the firewall blocking Limewire, could anyone tell me how I would do this? I need step-by-step instructions please!

I will give 10 points for best answer.

Thank you very much.How do I change the settings on my Norton Antivirus 2008 firewall to allow Limewire?
A lot of people seem to have this problem

Here is what I found that helps

1. The first thing that you should do is start Norton Internet Security. You should be able find the program in your Start Menu.

2. You should see a tab called Norton Internet Security.

3. Now click on Settings.

4. Find the category called Web Browsing and click on the sub-category called Personal Firewall.

5. Click on the option that says Configure.

6. Look to the left and go Personal Firewall -%26gt; Program Control.

7. We want to modify an existing program rule instead of adding a new program to the list. So find any entries pertaining to LimeWire.

8. There should be drop-down menus next to each program. You will have choices similar to Allow, Block or Custom. Choose Allow for all of LimeWire entries.

9. Restart your computer so that your new settings can take effect.

10. Note: After LimeWire is working again; you may want to return to the list and choose Custom to enhance your security.How do I change the settings on my Norton Antivirus 2008 firewall to allow Limewire?
Try the support document on the Limewire web site.



http://wiki.limewire.org/index.php?title鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment