Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change my security settings so I can download aim?

I've already turned off firewall, enabled java and scriplets, placed medium and then low privacy setting. I keep getting the message ';your security setting don't allow this file to be downloaded';How do I change my security settings so I can download aim?
Not displaying your Computer Specs, OS information makes it a little hard to help. Is it just from aim.com website? Or can you not downloading anything?



Try www.oldversion.com (see if you can download aim from there). Or download a new browser like FireFox (www.getfirefox.com)How do I change my security settings so I can download aim?
If you are on an admin account, and this keeps happening to you, try using another browser than your current one, such as firefox or opera. Disable all your security programs currently running(might put your PC at a risk though), and also disable all browser add-ons.
You can try putting aim behind your firewall. Go to Start%26gt; Control Panel%26gt; a window will open up, look for ';Security'; and below that you will see ';Allow a program through windows firewall'; click there and follow directions. After you follow the directions then download aim again. Take you time as you can do it. Good Luck
you just did the dummest thing turning of your firewall. just go to meebo.com, it has aim,yahoo messenger and everything

No comments:

Post a Comment