Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I tried to download and install Yahoo! Messenger 10 . but a message told me to fix my firwall settings ??

how do i change my firewall settings to allow download of files for Messenger installation. I have BitDefender 2009 installed.I tried to download and install Yahoo! Messenger 10 . but a message told me to fix my firwall settings ??
If fire setting is your problem, then go to control panel %26amp; click on firewall.

Click on exception tab %26amp; tick the yahoo messenger or yahoo messenger.exe file

If not shown there, click on add program %26amp; browse the relevant exe file %26amp; add it to exception list.

You can also switch off the firewall setting prior to installation %26amp; after installation you can switch on the same.

Normally yahoo messenger is automatically placed in firewall exception list.I tried to download and install Yahoo! Messenger 10 . but a message told me to fix my firwall settings ??
Going into control panel/ firewall did not work for me...! Ive tried disabling the thing and it still didn't work! What is odd though is I just installed AIM with no problems what so ever... I've also download the Yahoo Messenger again and still the same problem... have no clue what to do now...

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment