Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Suddenly my Free Firewall will not allow my free virus protection from updating. How can I solve the problem?

I use PCtools firewall plus- free edition

I use Avast Virsus protection - free edition



I do not understand how to change the settings of the firewall to allow Avast. I am a self-taught novice computer user.

This problem only started when I was notified that Avast had a

newer version and to update. The firewall blocked the update and is still keeping it blocked. Avast keeps sending me the message that an error has ocurred and to check my firewall.

The firewall log shows that it was blocked. I cannot seem to connect to any support from the firewall support group. Please help!Suddenly my Free Firewall will not allow my free virus protection from updating. How can I solve the problem?
I don't use the pctool firewall but have used AVAST. AVAST does this sometimes with firewalls, but I think it's the firewall thats blocking your anti virus from updating. I would look through the setting of the firewall and try and unblock the AVAST program. If you can't find it just take it off and put it back on again but don't block it next time. Hope that helps, take care. Use the free zone alarm firewall it's better and easier to use.Suddenly my Free Firewall will not allow my free virus protection from updating. How can I solve the problem?
I have ZoneAlarm and I don't know how similar it is (maybe you ought to switch over :)) but it starts out asking permission for programs and can learn which ones you say yes and which ones you say no. Things like ';anti-virus update'; yes, ';formatdrivevirus.exe'; no. Or just turn off your firewall temporarily and manually force the antivirus to update, though this can be frustrating if it updates like everyday.
Modify the firewall rules and add an exception for the updating application
Well, the solution is simple.

You just need to go into the settings of your firewall and change the settings for your antivirus so that the firewall gives it access to the internet.



I don't know about pctool firewall settings, but the settings should be in Programs, thats where you can manage manually to allow your antivirus to have access to the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment