Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I change my firewall /proxies settings for the webcam to work?

where do I go ? I know there is a place for this - but I can't find it! Thanx - in advance - I'm a novice at this - computer stuff!How do I change my firewall /proxies settings for the webcam to work?
are you using windows? xp? vista? what kind of webcam? what program are you using the webcam with? yahoo messenger? trillian? what firewall are you using? the one built into windows xp? or a firewall made by another company like symantec or zonealarm? are you getting any error messages? if so, update your question to include the error and the program that is producing the error.



in windows xp with service pack 2, the built in firewall is in the control panel / windows firewall.



proxy settings for internet explorer (which will be applicable to some other applications such as msn messenger) are in control panel / internet options / connections tab / lan settings / proxy settings.



other programs may have their own proxy settings independent of windows. mozilla firefox is one such program. that's why it is necessary for you to say what program you are using for your webcam (we need to know what you're using to know where to go to review and change settings).



good luck :)
  • manitoba cottage rental
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment