Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do i change my firewall settings to allow my webcam to work on yahoo messenger?

In order to use all the Yahoo! Messenger Webcam features, your firewall must permit incoming and outgoing TCP connections on port 5100.





I wouldn't be able to tell you how to open this port because I don't know what kind of router you have but heres a site where they show how to open ports on a wide variety of routers.



http://www.portforward.com/english/appli鈥?/a>



Just find your router and it will guide you through the process.How do i change my firewall settings to allow my webcam to work on yahoo messenger?
firstof all you need to uninstall the webcam software if poss then disable your firewall and then reinstall the web cam software this should function correctly.

p.s. dont forget to re-enable your firewall.How do i change my firewall settings to allow my webcam to work on yahoo messenger?
Click on start,control panel,security center,windows firewall.There click on exception tab.On list check messenger and web cam.If one isn't on list click on add program just under that list.There find web cam and check it.Now you should have the port to allow messenger and web cam thru. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment