Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I manage group policies to access my firewall?

Hello all, I'm trying to access my firewall (Windows Firewall) and change the settings on it to access my Nintendo WiFi router. My computer went in to be fixed last week, and they've changed the settings to Group Policies or something so I can turn it off and use the router.



http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhCLZ24wLTXSiedVPO1ynKYJ5wt.;_ylv=3?qid=20071111074218AARQbY9

According to the guide in that link, I should be able to access Group Policy settings through mmc. When I get into that and try to add the Group Policy Snap In (step 4), Group Policy does not appear. Is it under another heading in the menu, or is there some action I should take before I can find it? By the way, I'm using Windows XP. Thanks.How can I manage group policies to access my firewall?
Start Menu %26gt; Run %26gt; ';gpedit.msc'; (no quotes) %26gt; press ';ok'; button. That's the group policy editor.



Edit: I failed to mention that if you have Windows XP Home you will not be able to access the group policy editor because it is not included in Windows XP Home. It's only available in XP Pro. You can go to the control panel and open the ';Windows Firewall'; applet and from there you can edit rules/exceptions.How can I manage group policies to access my firewall?
try in control panel--administrative--local policy.

setup there

or maybe u can try directly in firewall. go to firewall setting

No comments:

Post a Comment