Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Remote Access Question?

I need to know how to access my own computer from a school computer but my dad will not forward ports on my router. I can change firewall settings on my own computer but I need a program that will work through the router. Anybody know a good one? I like VNC so if there is a version of that that will work, I'd like that most.Remote Access Question?
VNC won't work, as it requires ports to be forwarded, just like Remote Desktop Connection (and pcAnywhere). Your only option is really GoToMyPC or something like it. These services connect your two computers through a third computer on the internet over port 80. Since a connection is never initiated to your computers over the internet, no ports have to be opened.Remote Access Question?
Well other than the built in Windows one, your going to have to pay for another one try this one.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/鈥?/a>

or this one

https://www.gotomypc.com/en_US/entry.tmp鈥?/a>

The second one has a free trial so if you like it you can buy it.
Gotomypc is the best, it is based on Citrix, who is pretty much the defacto standard for ssl vpn and terminal services connections.



Go to their website and you can get a 45 day trial - it is easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment