Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bitcomet says that I need to change my firewall settings and NAT Router config. How do I do that?

It says that my listen port is blocked. It isn't uploading a song I chose either. It says 99:99:99 time remaining. I'm rubbish at computers, so could someone tell me how to change firewall settings and NAT router configurations, as well as why the system isn't doing anything!?

-Thanks.Bitcomet says that I need to change my firewall settings and NAT Router config. How do I do that?
IM me at MSN, The_Comanch3@live.com



I really need to do a walk-through.



Or aim, at XDirtyWrenchX



Have a few things ready for me....

What firewall are you using?

What brand of Router do you have? (hopefully linksys)Bitcomet says that I need to change my firewall settings and NAT Router config. How do I do that?
Try to find settings in your router that has an option ';DMZ'; so all ports use by bitcommet will be forwarded to your pc. if you don't have a router, try experimenting by disabling windows firewall by going to Control Panel, Network places, and right click your LAN, and disable the firewall, and try using bitcoment again, it should work now, Bitcoment usually uses this port TCP ';49152 and 65534';
Your firewall doesn't allow Bitcomet to do it's work, so close it (the firewall) or or put Bitcomet at the trusted zone from the firewall's setting (If you have a firewall)



NAT has to do with the router .

Type at the address bar: 192.168.1.1

Username: admin Pass:1234

At the ';Advanced Setting tab, there is a NAT and a firewall tab.

From the firewall tab, you can disable your router's firewall.

And I don't really know what NAT is, but it's setting can be found under the NAT tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment