Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change my firewall settings to allow me to download Y! Messenger?

I want to download Y! Messenger, but when I being to install it, an error box comes up and says ';Yahoo Messenger is unable to download files for installation. Please check firewall settings and retry installation.'; What should I do?How do I change my firewall settings to allow me to download Y! Messenger?
You can download the full installer of Yahoo! Messenger so that you don't have to configure it from your firewall. Here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Ya…

Hope this helps, XD.How do I change my firewall settings to allow me to download Y! Messenger?
Go to the start menu and select ';Control Panel.'; Click on the Windows Firewall icon. It looks like a brick wall.

Choose either ';On,'; ';Block all incoming connections'; or ';Off'; under the ';General'; tab.

It is recommended to have it on and not advised to turn it off.

To download yahoo messanger you need to select off, and then download the yahoo messanger.
There is no need to worry for that message. Just disable your windows firefox from control panel that will automatically allow to download Yahoo messenger.
start %26gt;control panel %26gt;windows firewall %26gt; Turn Off windows firewall.



Download messenger %26amp; then Turn on Firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment