Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change my firewall settings to let torrents to download at faster speeds?

I have UTorrent and when I download a cd it says at the bottom that I need to open a port to let it download at faster speeds??? Please...educated answers only.How do I change my firewall settings to let torrents to download at faster speeds?
GO TO CONTROL PANEL THEN WINDOWS FIREWALL THERE CLICK THE SECOND TAB AND PRESS ADD AND ADD UTORRENT.How do I change my firewall settings to let torrents to download at faster speeds?
Your firewall wont impact on the speed of your downloads, it would be the amount of seeds and peers also sharing/downloading the torrent but to alter the firewall go to

Control Panel (Start Menu) %26gt; Windows Firewall

Then from here you can turn it on or off but to alter your uTorrent settings click on the one that says Exceptions (up the top) then add program and of course add uTorrent ;)

Best of luck
  • skin against sun allergies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment