Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change settings on my computer to allow internet updates on a program I have?

The program is 1 Click Fixer Plus. When I hit update, a post says fail to connect to server, check firewall settings and internet connectivity.How do I change settings on my computer to allow internet updates on a program I have?
You could also just disable your firewall right before you hit the update. Once it's finished, just turn it turn it back on. Thats what I do whenever my firewall prevents me from doing certain things. Hope this helps, good luck.How do I change settings on my computer to allow internet updates on a program I have?
I am assuming you are running Windows Firewall as part of Windows XP. You need to create an exception in Windows Security Center for this program to allow it to connect to the internet for updates. Open Security Center through the Control Panel, click on the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Program. You will need the path and file name for the program in question. This site has detailed instructions and illustrations for performing this task.



http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using鈥?/a>
Hi

I've had similar probs in the past . you could simply try . pressing Ctrl %26amp; Alt ( @ the same time ) while you click update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment